The next meeting of the British Institute of Graphologists will be held on Saturday 25th November 2023, via Zoom.
11.00 - 12.30 John Beck - The inferiority complex: is it all bad?
Whilst being able to recognise an inferiority complex in a handwriting is not such a difficult task, communicating its ramifications to a writer in the report is fraught with potential hazards Are we aware that what we say to the writer about it can easily make matters worse for him or her?
This lecture hopes to show that feelings of inferiority may well not be the disabling complex many believe, and if approached from an entirely different angle, it can possibly even work to the writer's benefit.
12.30 - 13.00 AGM
25th November 2023 (Zoom),
16th March 2024 (Zoom)
8th June 2024 (London)
21st September 2024 (London)
Registering for the talk:
For London Meetings email: email@example.com . There is a small charge of £15 for members and £20 for non-members. Coffee is provided on arrival, bring your own lunch or purchase it locally.
Zoom meetings are free for our members to attend, with a small charge of £10.00 for non-members on Zoom meetings. Prior booking is essential. Spaces are limited and therefore it is important that you email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries or to book online. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Zoom – some information:
- Zoom is a video conferencing software, free for users, and it can be used on computers, phones, and tablets. Please download and install it before the talk (https://zoom.us/).
- Please note that Zoom keeps rolling new versions of their software, and therefore you might need to update it prior to the meeting.
- Please make sure that you have your Zoom username and password handy on the day.
- This is a useful help page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697 .
- We will only be able to give limited assistance on the day just before the meeting, so please do familiarise yourself with the features before.
- When you join the talk, first you will be held in a waiting room, until a few minutes before the start.
- While it is nice if you have camera and we can see you during the talk, this is not essential.
- You will be muted during the whole meeting, but you need to make sure that Zoom has access to your speakers so you can hear us.
- There will be opportunity after the meeting to unmute yourself and chat to each other and to the speaker.
Please note that this talk will be recorded for internal purposes only. We ask that you respect this and do not make any recordings. We will make a re-recording later and that will be made available for the members on the website.
2pm Friday 24th November 2023
4pm Wednesday 29th November 2023
7pm Thursday 30th November 2023
For further details contact Susan Ord (email@example.com)
For Northern Graphologists Meetings information, or to be added on the mailing list, please contact: Susan Ord on 01948 820469 firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth Rostron on 0161 431 5517 email@example.com. Meetings are free of charge, no membership is required, all levels of knowledge or experience are welcome.
The next Northern Graphologists' meeting is Saturday 18th November 2023, 10.30am, via Zoom. All are welcome.