NOTE: The next meeting of the British Institute of Graphologists will still go ahead via a Zoom presentation on 21 November 2020 (see more details below). We believe this will be a fantastic opportunity to allow members to join from all over the world.
11:00 – 12:30: Narcissism - John Beck - "A socially very unpleasant psychological condition, that often hides behind a pleasing exterior". Narcissism is a psychological state that is greatly under-reported in today's world, but is seen in all sections of the community. Its common interpretation of ‘self-love’ falls way short of the mark – it is a very unpleasant and often toxic condition. Very little about this is written up in Graphology textbooks, yet it is vital for graphologists to be aware of this condition, and to be able to recognize it. This lecture will attempt to throw light on this disagreeable psychological condition, so often seen with people occupying positions of power or influence. There will be opportunity for some Q&A during the talk via the inbuilt chat feature.
12:30 – 13:00 AGM
Registering for the talk:
Spaces are limited and therefore it is important that you book by 18th November midnight (BST) to confirm if you wish to attend. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis, and we will reply within a few days to acknowledge your email and let you know whether you have been successful in reserving a place. To book your place, please email: email@example.com
The invitation link will be sent out by 4pm before the talk (20th November) to those who reserved a place.
This meeting is free for our members to attend.
Please note that while this talk will be recorded for internal purposes, it will not be made available to members later. We ask that you respect this and do not make any recordings. We will hold similar online talks in the future and those will likely be recorded for the members’ benefit.
Zoom – some information:
- Zoom is a video conferencing software, free for users, and it can be used on computers, phones, and tablets. Please download and install it before the talk (https://zoom.us/).
- Please note that Zoom has rolled out a new version of their software recently (and keeps updating it), and therefore you might need to update it prior to the meeting.
- Please make sure that you have your Zoom username and password handy on the day.
- This is a useful help page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
- We will only be able to give limited assistance on the day just before the meeting, so please do familiarise yourself with the features before.
- When you join the talk, first you will be held in a waiting room, until a few minutes before the start.
- While it is nice if you have camera and we can see you during the talk, this is not essential.
- You will be muted during the whole meeting, but you need to make sure that Zoom has access to your speakers so you can hear us.
Saturday 14th November 2020 - Northern Graphologists Meeting
20th March 2021 - London Meeting
13th June 2021 - London Meeting
4th September 2021 - London Meeting
27th November 2021 - London Meeting