NOTE: We are currently living through unprecedented times, so for the sake of everyone's health and safety, it has been decided that we will cancel Meetings until further notice. However, in the meantime, we are delighted to announce that the forthcoming Autumn Meeting in London will still go ahead via a Zoom presentation on 5 September 2020 (see more details below). We believe this will be a fantastic opportunity to allow members to join from all over the world.
The London Meeting will be held online on Saturday 5th September, 11:00-12.30. The zoom meeting THEY LIVED TO TELL THE TALE – a Post-War Tribute will be presented by Ruth Rostron.
Commemorations were held in November 2018 to mark the centenary of the end of World War 1, and in May 2020 to celebrate 75 years since Victory in Europe was declared towards the end of World War 2.
Using original letters, autographs and drawings from Ruth's collection, including some from Guernsey dated May 1945 when the island was liberated from German occupation, Ruth will reflect on the ‘character-building’ wartime experiences of some survivors, the personal qualities that got them through it and the various ways in which these were expressed on paper.
We hope that you will be able to attend this free online presentation and anticipate that the topical subject will be of great interest. Since numbers are limited please contact Susan Ord or Ruth Rostron ASAP to reserve your place.
Susan Ord email@example.com 01948 820469
or Ruth Rostron firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 431 5517.
Zoom – some information:
- Zoom is a video conferencing software, free for users, and it can be used on computers, phones, and tablets. Please download and install it before the talk (https://zoom.us/).
- Please note that Zoom has just rolled out a new version of their software, so if you used the program before 30th May 2020, you will need to update it prior to the meeting.
- Please make sure that you have your Zoom username and password handy on the day.
- This is a useful help page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697
- We will only be able to give limited assistance on the day just before the meeting, so please do familiarise yourself with the features before.
- While it is nice if you have camera and we can see you during the talk, this is not essential.
- You will be muted during the whole meeting, but you need to make sure that Zoom has access to your speakers so you can hear us.
Saturday 21st November 2020 - London Meeting
31st March 2021 - London Meeting