Membership of the B.I.G. entitles you to be associated with the oldest and best established graphological organisation in the UK, having been in continued existence for nearly 40 years. Our membership comprises some of the most senior and respected graphologists in the country. We welcome new members and offer a three-tier entry, depending on whether the interest in graphology is professional, general or for learning purposes.
All members receive
- Free annual subscription to the B.I.G. Journal. This magazine, entitled The Graphologist, frequently publishes written transcripts of lectures given in London, and can be received either as an electronic or paper version. A list of all issues dating back to 1983 can also be sourced online.
- Reduced admission fee to our programme of lectures, workshops and seminars. These gatherings (including our tri-annual symposium) give members the opportunity to meet in a warm and friendly environment and learn by exchanging views and experience with graphologists from all over the world.
- Full access to all our media pages offering a wealth of online resources.
- Full access to our book list and Glossary - a fully comprehensive A-Z Definition of Terms - written by John Beck.
- Full access to video lectures.
- Free access to monthly Study Groups currently hosted by John Beck via Zoom link.
- Full access to Ruth Rostron's Short Course and Workbook, designed as an introduction to graphology.
- Note: Only Honorary, Elected and Graduate Members are approved by the Institute to practise professionally.
Members who have been elected by the B.I.G. Committee or invited to become honorary members, or graduates of the Institute’s Part 3 exams who have gained their Diploma.
- Fully qualified graduates of the institute are entitled to use the initials MBIG (Dip).
- Honorary, Elected and Graduate members may also benefit, if they wish, by having details of any graphological services they provide listed in the Directory of Professional Graphologists and the List of Teachers. These are both published on the B.I.G. website. Any requests for graphological analysis and teaching received by the Institute are passed on to members as appropriate.
Anyone interested in graphology, either at a practical or theoretical level, including those who may have studied with other organisations.
As detailed above for All Members.
Genuine students of graphology who are currently undertaking a recognised course of study with a B.I.G. tutor.
This concessionary rate of membership can only be claimed for a maximum period of 6 years, or until graduate status (whichever comes first) is obtained, after which time Full or Affiliate Membership will be required.
The tuition provided by our tutors leads to the diploma examination, and many of our members, who began as students, have achieved this qualification. The diploma course is extensive and detailed, setting very high standards in graphology, and we have a number of outstanding tutors, many of whom teach online - details are available upon application. Each tutor is highly experienced and accredited.
New Membership applications
Please complete the form that can be found on the Membership Application page and email to email@example.com or send by post to the address on the form. On receipt of your application and payment, we will email you login details for the Members’ areas of the website.
Code of Ethics / Aims and Objectives
RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP
Renewal is available by completing the form accessed here and sent to the membership secretary by email or post.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment by bank transfer is preferred but to see all options please go to application page
Please note that subscriptions after 30th June are half price, as shown below. (Our membership year runs from January to December, so full price fees will be due on 1st January 2023.) Membership renewal fees are due on or by 1st January for 2023 and cover a calendar year. After this date you will not be able to access the Members-Only areas, until your renewal fees are received. All payments are in UK £s sterling.
12 months subs with electronic journal (worldwide) – £71.00
12 months subs with paper journal (UK) – £81.00
12 months subs, with paper journal (outside UK) – £88.50
12 months subs with electronic journal (worldwide) – £61.00
12 months subs with paper journal (UK) – £67.00
12 months subs, with paper journal (outside UK) – £74.50
12 months subs with electronic journal (worldwide) – £50.00
12 months subs with paper journal (UK) – £55.00
12 months subs, with paper journal (outside UK) – £62.50
Please note that those who reside outside the UK and who want the paper version of the journal, £7.50 for postage and packing has been included.
Help and Advice
For help and advice on any membership matters, please contact our Membership Secretary
Tel: 07790 756738